Several public budget town hall meetings and public hearings have been slated around the county to give constituents an opportunity to give input to county commissioners and the chief executive officer on the proposed 2011 budget.
The DeKalb County Board of Commissioners is considering a proposed budget that contains a 2.32-mill increase. The budget was presented to the board in December by Burrell Ellis, the county’s chief executive officer.
The recommended budget is available for public inspection in the office of the director of finance, 6th Floor, Maloof Center, and at all DeKalb County Libraries during normal business hours.
The budget meetings and hearings are as follows:
- Feb. 1, Greek Orthodox Church, 2500 Clairmont Road in Atlanta, 6:30 – 8 p.m., hosted by commissioner Jeff Rader.
- Feb. 2, Lou Walker Senior Center, 2538 Panola Road, Lithonia, noon-2 p.m. with DeKalb CEO Ellis.
- Feb. 2, Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain, 7 p.m., hosted by Commissioner Lee May.
- Feb. 3, Manuel J. Maloof Auditorium, 1300 Commerce Drive, Decatur, 6:30 p.m., hosted by the county’s budget & finance committee.
- Feb. 3, at 2306 Crest Knoll Circle, Decatur, 7-8:30 p.m., hosted by Monica Manns and Raymond Hall with DeKalb CEO Burrell Ellis.
- Feb. 8, Maloof Center Auditorium, 1300 Commerce Dr., Decatur. This is a public hearing before the board of commissioners.
- Feb. 8, Village Place Brookhaven, 1418 Dresden Drive, Unit A-215, Atlanta, 7-8:30 p.m. Hosted by Brookhaven Arts Alliance, Brookhaven Community Connection and Brookhaven Peachtree Community Alliance with DeKalb CEO Ellis.
- Feb. 10, Southland Country Club, 5726 Southland Drive, Stone Mountain, 7 p.m., hosted by Commissioner Sharon Barnes Sutton.
- Feb. 15, Montgomery Elementary, 3995 Ashford-Dunwoody Road in Dunwoody, 7 p.m., hosted by Commissioners Elaine Boyer and Kathie Gannon.