Towers 24, Columbia 18: Miles Gooch threw a 30-yard touchdown pass to Demetrius Jones with 47 seconds remaining for Towers (3-2, 2-2 in 5-AAA). Gooch went 8-for-17 for 215 yards and three touchdowns, and rushed for 100 yards. Jammille Jackson led the defense with 11 tackles, and Antwon Jackson had eight tackles. Leopold Dixon blocked a punt and had a 70-yard touchdown reception.
Stephenson 48, Luella 7: Jordan Tarver completed 9-of-11 passes for 139 yards and two touchdowns for Stephenson (5-0, 2-0 in 2-AAAAA). Tarver had a 49-yard touchdown pass to Nate Benford and a 4-yarder to Ronnie Shields. Benford also scored on a 55-yard punt return. Raymond Sanders rushed for 126 yards and two touchdowns on 11 carries. Denzel Hartley rushed for 73 yards and a touchdown.
ML King 28, Douglass 0: The Lions (5-0, 2-0 Region 2-AAAAA) held the Astros to minus 11 yards total offense in registering their third straight shutout. Quarterback Kevin Byard, starting in place of injured Cameron Myers, was 11-for-16 for 203 yards, throwing two touchdowns and one interception. He also ran for 58 yards and two touchdowns. Demario Robinson had seven catches for 136 yards and a touchdown. Patrick Callaway led the defense with 14 tackles and a sack. Dustin Lane had 11 tackles, four for losses, one sack and caused a fumble.
Decatur 75, Cross Keys 7: Quindarius Hall had touchdown runs of 43 and 58 yards, and Mikey Patrick scored on an 82-yard touchdown run and an 84-yard kickoff return for the Bulldogs (3-2, 1-1 Region 6-AA). Also, Rakim Jefferson returned interceptions 42 and 57 yards for touchdowns, and Satrick Green returned an interception 51 yards for a score.
Cedar Grove 38, Druid Hills 20: Willie Favors ran for a touchdown and passed for another in the first half for the Saints (3-3, 2-1). Tamarcus Wilcox scored on a 67-yard pass play, and Quentin Perkins scored on an 85-yard punt return.
Buford 41, Avondale 0: Max Thompson rushed for 58 yards for the Blue Devils (3-2, 1-1), who trailed 14-0 after three quarters. Avondale gained only 101 yards total offense and five plays in the third quarter.
Week 5 DeKalb County Races,
Boys Race 1
1. James Dwyer, Dunwoody, 17:31.59; 2. David Coble, Chamblee, 17:35.22; 3. Alec Ausley, Dunwoody, 17:48.38; 4, Kuaniyal Chol, Dunwoody, 18:01.99; Kyle Sexton, Dunwoody, 18:02.36.
Girls Race 1
1. Charlotte Collins, Dunwoody, 21:46.60; 2. Kinzie Johnson, Dunwoody, 21:58.37; 3. Katie Martin, Dunwoody, 22:57.72; Radia Yansaneh, Dunwoody; 5. Tanaya Banks, Stephenson, 23:25.45.
Boys Race 2
1. Leonel Ayala, Cross Keys, 17:14.59; 2. Kasashun Neselu, Avondale, 17:15.01; 3. Derek Sanders, Druid Hills, 17:20.66; 4. Joshua Kelly, Stone Mountain, 18:27.43; 5. Alex Teny, Druid Hills, 18:28.96.
Girls Race 2
1. Hannah Wickman, Druid Hills, 22:06.7; 2. Blaire Kennington, Druid Hills, 23:20.39; 3. Sasha Mohale, Tucker, 23:21.12; 4. Kelsey Sullivan, Druid Hills, 23:40.31; 5. Melissa Florkowski, Druid Hills, 23:53.32
Asics Alexander Invitational, Whitesburg, Ga., Oct. 3
Boys Red division
5. Brendan Hoban, St. Pius, 15:54.60; 7. Dylan Moore, Marist, 16:09.71; 10. Charlie Fetter, Marist, 16:17.90.
Boys Black division
5. David Coble, Chamblee, 16:41.83; 8. Alex Coble, Chamblee, 16:58.11.