Here is information on help available for flood victims:
• 24-hour emergency hotline: Report flooding, damage, or get information on assistance. (678) 406-7850 or (678) 406-7853.
• Register for disaster relief assistance: www.disasterassistance.gov
• Georgia Emergency Management Agency. (800) 621-3362
• National Flood Insurance Program: Get information on flood insurance, whether or not you live in a flood plain (678) 808-8983 or www.floodsmart.gov.
• Greater Atlanta Homebuilders Association: Tips on how to find a reliable, licensed contractor for home repairs. (678) 775-1424
• DeKalb County Cooperative Extension: Contact to get well water tested or for information on electrical hazards. (404) 298-4080.
• Salvation Army and United Way: Information on assistance programs. 211
• Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs: Report price gouging or suspected charity scams. (404) 651-8600.
• American Red Cross: Financial assistance or flood-related information. (404) 870-4440.